- Semi-dry-sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Recon's semi-dry sump and overhead valve designs create an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity while increasing ground clearance as well.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout
- Shaft Final Drive
- Steel Cargo Racks: Front and rear steel cargo racks allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- LED Taillight and Brakelight: LED taillight and brakelight for durable, long-lasting lighting.
- Uniquely Designed Floorboards: The Recon has uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping away mud and debris.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
- Induction: 22mm carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: ESP Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 4.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual sealed hydraulic drum
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 22 x 7-11
- Rear Tire: 22 x 10-9
- Length: 75.0 in.
- Width: 40.7 in.
- Height: 42.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 44.5 in.
- Seat Height: 31.2 in.
- Ground Clearance: 6.0 in.
- Turning Radius: 8.5 ft.
- Curb Weight: 439 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gal., including 0.6 gal. reserve
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- Model Id: TRX250TE
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.