Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Yamaha APEX XTX
Airtec Sports of Menomonie
USE SNOW4975 DUNN
- Top Performance 4-cylinder Genesis 4-Stroke Engine: The physical casting of the engine remains the same, but the valve timing, intake and exhaust tracts, airbox and exhaust pipes are all recalibrated for optimum midrange torque output as well as an overall top end gain.
- Airbox/intake: The intake tracts on the Apex XTX have been lengthened by 11mm, as compared to the previous model. The engine utilizes the pressure waves in the longer intake tubes and in the airbox to boost airflow and maximize high RPM performance.
- Injector: The distance between the throttle valve and intake valve has been designed for optimum fuel delivery. In addition, the 4-hole injector on the throttle body creates a spray of finely atomized fuel, with droplets of just tenths of a micron in size. The spray is aimed directly at the intake valve skirt for maximum efficiency and performance. The result? Simply unmatched throttle response.
- EXUP and exhaust pipe: Yamaha-exclusive EXUP valve technology controls the exhaust pressure waves for optimum intake and exhaust efficiency, delivering unmatched overall performance with more midrange torque. Additionally, the exhaust pipes have been enlarged to 38mm from 35mm for added exhaust pressure wave efficiency.
- 15 x 144 x 1.25-inch Rip Saw™ track: The Camoplast Rip Saw track is a standard feature on the Apex XTX. It has been widely acclaimed in the industry as the best all-around OEM track for acceleration, cornering bite and everyday trail usage.
- Engine Braking Reduction System: The Top Performance Genesis 4-Stroke engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System. The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders more of a “coast” feeling.
- Electric Power Steering: Industry-first Electric Power Steering system is velocity sensitive, delivering maximum assist up to trail speed, and gradually tapering off from there. You'll love the EPS system because it helps isolate the rider from uncomfortable trail feedback, eases the effort required to move the bars, and provides excellent handling and predictability.
- Trail Ski: The skis have great cornering agility and work in tandem with the EPS to significantly reduce hunting and darting.
- Front suspension geometry: The 15mm trail offset on the ski mount helps minimize inside ski lift due to centrifugal force during turns. And, by optimizing the amount of resistance from the snow surface that's applied to the rear end of the ski, including forces from bumps and ruts, this offset helps the Apex XTX achieve its amazingly smooth handling, including its excellent straight line performance.
- Rigid steering gate: The steering gate has a rigid single-piece construction designed to handle the additional forces exerted by the EPS system. The gate is made using Yamaha's exclusive lightweight, yet rugged CF diecast manufacturing process.
- Hooked handlebars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the Apex XTX. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- Short exhaust system: The Apex XTX has a very short, compact exhaust layout. This helps keep the sleds mass centralized, which results in excellent handling. Another benefit of the short exhaust design is that the tunnel no longer needs to have a cast reinforcement piece to hold the muffler.
- Dual Shock CK 144: The Dual Shock CK 144 rear suspension is the culmination of many years of development and testing. In order to be the ultimate top performance cross country snowmobile, the Apex XTX needed to have cornering like a 121-inch trail sled, bump bridging like a 136-inch sled and the flotation of a 144-inch sled. The solution is the aggressive 6-degree rear tip-up on the rails, which gives the sled the footprint of a short track model on hardpack and the footprint of a long track model in fresh snow. The coupled design delivers excellent comfort and bump absorption over a wide variety of trail conditions.
- Seat: The Apex XTX's seat raises the rider's hips approximately 2 inches for all-day trail riding comfort. The seat has a roomy storage trunk at the rear. It's large enough to hold a couple water bottles, spare gloves, a fleece shirt….and an Xtremely Practical tow strap!
- HPG front shocks: The 40mm High Pressure Gas (HPG) shocks on the Apex XTX's third generation front suspension geometry deliver consistent performance with excellent fade resistance.
- Clicker rear shock: The Dual Shock CK 144 rear suspension is fitted with a 40mm HPG shock with a remote reservoir and compression clicker on the rear arm and an aluminum-body HPG shock on the front arm.
- Concentrated hand warmers: These hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand's most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
- Standard electric start: Yamaha's electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their Apex XTX with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha's 4-stroke machines.
- Windshield: The windshield and side deflector design, developed using computer modeling, provides maximum wind protection with minimum aerodynamic drag and swirl-in.
- Standard mechanical reverse: The Apex XTX's simple reverse system allows riders to back out of tight spaces hassle-free. It's engaged with the lever located on the right shroud. Just pull out the lever and slide it to the right for quick and easy use.
- Dual DC outlets: The Apex XTX offers two styles of DC outlets. It comes with a standard automotive-style outlet for cell phones, GPS or other electronics accessories. And it also comes standard with an RCA-style plug near the left hand grip to power up heated helmet visors or other small-plug accessories.
- New graphic packages: The Apex XTX comes in two graphic packages; Yamaha black as well as Electric blue/white. These awesome designs produce one of the best looking sleds on the snow.
- Type/Displacement/cc: Four-stroke, 998cc
- Cylinders: Four
- Cooling: Liquid
- Bore & Stroke / mm: 74.0 X 58.0
- Intake Design: 3 Valves
- Ignition: Digital TCI w/throttle position sensor
- Fuel Delivery: 39 mm fuel injection, liquid heated
- Exhaust: 2 valves, rear exhaust (Ti) with EXUP
- Clutch / Transmission: YVXC, variable ratio, magnesium chaincase & cover, reverse
- Disc. Brake Type: 4-piston hydraulic aluminum caliper w/lightweight ventilated disc, mechanical parking brake, adjust lever
- Front Suspension: Independent, double wishbone
- Front Shocks: 40 mm aluminum HPG
- Front Travel / in.: 8.5 in
- Ski Type: Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Carbide Ski Runners: Standard
- Stabilizer Bar: Standard
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock CK 144
- Rear Shocks: Aluminum H.P.G piggyback clicker damping adjuster
- Rear Travel / in.: 11.7 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Rip Saw™
- Overall Length: 118.1 in.
- Overall Height: 47.6 in.
- Track/Width x Length x Height: 15 in. X 144 in. X 1.25 in.
- Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.): 42.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 9.4 gal.
- Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Oil Capacity / Qts.: 3, Dry Sump
- Engine Oil Type: Yamalube 4, 0w-30, Cold Weather Formula
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard, 9 position adjustable, independent control
- Windshield Height: Medium
- Mirrors: Optional
- Seating Capacity: One
- Tunnel Protectors: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen X 2
- High Beam Indicator: Standard
- Oil & Temp Light: Standard
- Fuel Gauge Type: Electric (LCD), low fuel warning light
- Speedometer: Standard (LCD digital)
- Odometer: Standard (large LCD display)
- Tripmeter: Standard, dual (large LCD display)
- Tachometer: Standard, backlit (LCD)
- DC Outlet: Automotive & RCA
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 74.0 X 58.0
- Engine Cooling
- 39 mm fuel injection
- Digital TCI w/throttle position sensor
- 2 valves, rear exhaust (Ti) with EXUP
- Brake Type
- 4-piston hydraulic aluminum caliper w/lightweight ventilated disc
- Front Suspension
- Independent, double wishbone
- Front Travel
- 8.5 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Shock CK 144
- Rear Travel
- 11.7 in.
- Ski Type
- Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Ski Stance
- 42.8 in.
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Rip Saw™
- Track Dimensions
- 15 in X 144 in X 1.25 in
- Standard (LCD digital)
- Standard, backlit (LCD)
- Standard (large LCD display)
- 60/55W Halogen X 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.4 gal.
- Medium height
- Yamaha Black, Electric Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard, 9 position adjustable, independent control